New Release – 14th January 2024
- FEATURES: Enable/disable download of draft and archive products from Shopify, directed pick for WMS application, generate shipping manifest with EasyPost, and more!
Feature 1: Shopify – Enable/disable download of draft and archive products
Sales module, MRP
Previously to this release, triggering a download of Shopify products into Cin7 Core would download all products with the following statuses (draft, active, archived). This made the download process too slow. With this release, users can filter products based on this status to select which are downloaded (e.g. Only download active products).
- Active Shopify integration
- Go to Integrations → Shopify in Cin7 Core
- Select the Catalog tab
- Select Download → Products
- Enable/disable download of draft and archived products. Active products will always be included in the product download.
Shopify – Catalog – Downloading products
Feature 2: WMS – Improve scanning recognition of items with additional units of measure for sale packing
The additional units of measure (AUOM) function allows more than one unit of measure to be specified for a product or service. For example, if the same bottle of wine is sold as an individual bottle, a case of 6, and a case of 12. This allows stock levels to be shown accurately across multiple units, for example, if an item can be sold as a single can or a case of 12, Cin7 Core will interpret 12 cans in stock as equivalent to 1 case in stock.
When a WMS user scans a barcode during sale packing and this item is linked to the sale order/picked item via an AUOM, WMS identifies the connection and allows packing of the item. The user is able to select which unit of measure should be used to pack the item. A warning will be displayed if the picked quantity is less than the full set of a larger unit. (e.g. sale order for 6 bottles, WMS user scans 1 case of 12 bottles, warning message “Only 6 bottles were picked from the case” will be displayed.
Additional units of measure
Using the Warehouse Management System – Packing
Feature 3: WMS – Directed pick with bin groups
Previously to this release, when WMS processes a sale order pick, the pick list is generated based on stock availability in the entire location, and the picker can pick the item from any bin where the stock is available. It was not possible to direct the pick from a particular bin. With this release, directed pick is added as an option for locations. When direct pick is allowed, users can add bin groups to locations, which restricts picking and certain WMS settings to designated bin groups only.
- Directed pick must be enabled for the selected location
Bin groups are configured for a location from the Cin7 Core web portal:
- Go to Settings → Reference Books → Locations and Bins
- Enable Directed pick for the location
- Create a new bin group with +Bin group
- Give the bin group a name and add bins to the group. A bin group may contain multiple bins, but one bin cannot be in multiple bin groups.
Designate bin groups for a location in WMS application:
- Go to Menu → Working area
- If bin groups are available for a location, the user will be able to multi-select bin groups in this location for picking. The All option is selected by default.
When picking using WMS, the following changes will be applied:
- Pick lists are restricted to designated bin groups.
- Stock availability checks will be restricted to designated bin groups.
- Recommend batch/serial no. for FIFO/FEFO will be restricted to designated bin groups (Advanced WMS feature)
- If picking for kitting (Advanced WMS feature) and required components are not available in the selected bin group, an error message will be displayed.
Locations – Use bin groups for directed pick
Feature 4: Advanced Manufacturing – Additional attribute sets can now be applied to production runs, production operation, and production output
Advanced Manufacturing module, Reports module
Our customers requested to have more ability to capture information during production. With this release, additional attribute sets can now be applied to production runs, production operations, and production outputs. Additional attribute sets are assigned from Cin7 Core General Settings, and information input takes place while the production run, production operation, or production output is executed.
- Advanced Manufacturing subscription required
- Users will need the Production orders – Edit completed operations permission to input data to additional attributes after an operation is completed.
You will need to create the appropriate additional sets first. Please see Additional attributes for instructions if required.
Additional attribute sets are assigned from the Cin7 Core General Settings.
- Go to General Settings → Production Process Customization
- Select an additional attribute set from the dropdown field Production order/run attribute set, if required.
- Select an additional attribute set from the dropdown field Production operation attribute set, if required.
- Select an additional attribute set from the dropdown field Production run output attribute set, if required.
Information can be added to the assigned additional attributes in the following locations:
- Production order/run attributes: Assigned from the Logs and attributes tab of a production order/run.
- Production operation attributes: Assigned from the Logs and attributes tab of a production order/run.
- Production run output attributes: Assigned from the Output window of a production run.
Additional attributes – Selecting default attribute sets for the purchase/sale/production process
Managing production orders – Use additional attributes to record order/run, operation, and output information
Feature 5: EasyPost: Download/print shipping manifest (required for Royal Mail)
Some couriers, such as Royal Mail, require a shipping manifest detailing all items being shipped to send parcels with their service. With this release, shipping manifest can now be generated in PDF format from our EasyPost for print or download.
- Active EasyPost integration
- When processing a sale, continue as usual until the Pack tab. A valid shipping address must be included in the document header.
- Enter shipping instructions, carrier information, and package details and continue to the Ship tab.
- Click Generate shipping label to send package information and shipping instructions to EasyPost and generate the shipping label and shipping manifest.
- The carrier info, including the tracking number, will then be automatically entered into the Ship tab. The shipping label and shipping manifest will be generated automatically via PDF. These documents will be available for downloading and printing from Core.
EasyPost integration – Print shipping labels and shipping manifest
- Display default product image preview when opening product record
- Product images are added to a product’s record from the Images and attachments tab of the record. Previously, the user would have to go to this page to view images. With this release, the default image is now displayed prominently as soon as the user opens the product record. Clicking the image will direct the user to the Images and attachments tab.
- Show product image preview for all images in product Images and attachments section
- Product images are added to a product’s record from the Images and attachments tab of the record. Previously, the user would have to click and download the uploaded images to view the image which was time-consuming and inconvenient. With this release, an image preview is displayed next to each uploaded image. Images can be clicked to view the larger version.
- Allow user to select list view or grid view for image preview in product record
- Product images can be viewed from the Images and attachments tab of the record. With this release, the user can change between list and grid view of the uploaded images.
- Expanded explanation for stock level changes for POS exchange without receipt
- Cin7 Core POS allows users to exchange items for sales predating use of Cin7 Core – items which do not have a corresponding sale in Cin7 Core – using the POS – No receipt exchange function. This creates a sale in Cin7 Core, and initiates a stock adjustment at the location where the items are exchanged.
- Our users wanted to understand why no items appeared on the restock tab of the created sale (no items are restocked when a stock adjustment is created). With this release, we have improved the confirmation message upon completing this type of exchange, directing the user to the Related orders tab where they can view the created stock adjustment.
- B2B: Show shipping method additional charges line when shipping amount is 0
- Previously, when a shipping method for B2B portal had amount 0, no additional charges line was added to the sale when that shipping method was selected. With this release, an additional charges line showing 0.00 and the shipping method will show in the additional charge section. No user action is required.
- B2B: Remove Delete out of stock items option from checkout when Allow backorders setting is enabled
- Any out of stock items can be deleted from the order using the Delete out of stock items option in the B2B shopping cart. When backorder is allowed, this option will not be visible as out of stock items will be backordered.