New Release – 1st February 2024
- FEATURES: RMA module and portal released as a separate integration, MRP module moved from beta to add-on for new customers, and generate long and short descriptions with AI add-on.
Feature 1: Cin7 Core RMA module and portal released as a separate integration
New module, B2B module
An RMA (return merchandise authorization) permits the return of a product to receive a refund, replacement, or repair during the eligible period. Returns involve an interlinked network of actions and decisions, including issuing credit notes, refunds, and initiating actions like inspection, repair, replacement, scrap, and restocking. The RMA module in Cin7 Core allows you to configure your organization’s return policies, which are then used to streamline returns decision-making and automate much of the returns workflow.
With this release, Cin7 Core RMA is now a separate module which can be added to the base subscription. This includes a dedicated RMA portal for customers to submit their returns. This change will only affect new users of the RMA module, existing users will maintain access to the RMA module without any additional payment, including the RMA portal.
Please see documentation below for how to use the RMA module to process returns.
Please note: Customers will no longer be able to submit returns via B2B portal. Dedicated RMA portal must be used instead.
- New users will need to add Cin7 Core RMA to their subscription to use these features.
- Cin7 Core RMA can be added to your subscription from the My subscription page of your account.
- Existing customers will need to set up their RMA portal. The previous addition to B2B portal will be temporarily supported while users migrate if already activated. B2B users who have never used the returns submission function will no longer be able to access this feature from 1st of Feb.
Returns (RMA and return orders)
RMA portal for return requests
Feature 2: Material Requirements Planning (MRP) module released as add-on for new customers
Material Requirements Planning (MRP) and supply chain management features allows our users to incorporate their supply chain strategies into Cin7 Core inventory management. This is a relatively new feature and previously has been available to all users in beta. With this release, this feature will now require a subscription add-on for new users. Users whose subscription predates this release (1st Feb 2024) will maintain their current access.
- New users will need to add MRP to their subscription to use these features. If your subscription predates this release, you will not be affected.
- MRP module can be added to your subscription from the My subscription page of your account.
Material Requirements Planning (MRP)
Feature 3: Generate long and short descriptions with AI
Coming up with product descriptions for an entire catalog – which can be thousands of items – is time consuming and repetitive work. With this new subscription add-on, use AI prompts to instantly generate short and long descriptions for your products at the click of a button.
- Users will need to add this feature to their subscription. You can do this from the My subscription page of your account. 15 day free trial is available.
- Users will need the Settings – Your company – General settings permission to change AI prompts.
- Users will need the Inventory – Products and families permission to edit product descriptions.
Set your AI prompts from the General Settings:
- Go to Settings → General Settings → Products and measurements settings
- There are two fields where you can enter AI prompts. One will be used for new descriptions, while the second will be used to rephrase existing descriptions. Cin7 Core provides default prompts, but these can be changed at any time.
Use the AI prompts to generate descriptions from a product’s record:
- Go to Inventory → Products → [select product]
- On the General tab, the option Generate with AI will now be visible alongside the Short description and Long description fields.
- Pressing this option will open a popup window.
- User can see the prompt, new description, in editable fields. Old description will be displayed if rephrasing but cannot be edited. Clicking Generate will use AI to generate a new description, while Apply will use that description for the field.
Product and service management – Populating your inventory – Generate descriptions with AI